Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Winter Whims

Greetings!

This winter has been full of exciting things. Most of them I enjoyed experiencing (like having Christmas three times), but a few I can live a long time without ever repeating. Ever. Climbing up on roof and wallowing in hip deep, heavy, wet snow is one of them. (Before you all suddenly think that I am telling tall tales, I must admit that the hip deep snow was only on one side of the roof where it tends to drift a bit, and I am also fairly short in the leg. Everywhere else on the roof was only thigh deep.) In fact, it might be on the top of the list. *shudder* The view was pretty cool from up there, and the being on the roof was okay, but the constant danger of NOT being on the roof made it immensely less fun.



The whole reason I was up there was because the furnace vent had been smothered by the snow and the pilot light had gone out. Freezing house. *teeth chatter* When I finally got up there and started digging around (on my hands and knees because I was too much of a wuss to stand up and walk around on the slick snow) I discovered FOUR separate vent holes. Good grief. Since they were all in the general area of the furnace, I didn't know which one I should rescue first. I uncovered them all. *sigh*

On the plus side, it only took me two tries to light the furnace back up. Last year when it got smothered, it took me...I dunno, more than forty? Mostly because the wind was blowing so hard outside that it was wooshing down the vent and would blow out the match as soon as I poked it in. Went through a lot of matches. Thankfully, I didn't have to struggle with that this year! Woohoo!

A new Walgreens is going a couple blocks away. I wonder if they're hiring...*taps chin thoughtfully*

Karla and I made a mad dash to Missoula a bit ago. That was kind of crazy fun! She needed pictures for a college project, but she needed them the next day! *gasp* What was she going to do?! Around 7:30pm she swooped me up and off we went. Five or so hours later we crashed at the La Quinta (Spanish for "Really Great Place To Sleep") in Missoula and snoozed for a couple hours. Karla turned on the TV sometime in the early am...not sure why, but I think it was to drown out my snoring...my nose was plugged! Honest! *embarrassed*

We were out of the place by 8am and we trolled around so Karla could take some good pictures. Then, after dosing ourselves with caffeine, (Also, there's a pretty awesome bear statue next to the building, next to the Starbucks we fueled up at...random art interest for all of you...) the two of us journeyed home! :D I forgot to ask her how the project went...I also forgot to help pay for gas... I had fun anyway. I like spontaneous trips. They appeal to my stifled and limited sense of adventure. *grin*

(Sorry we didn't have time to visit you Sierra! But we weren't really there long enough! If I ever am in town long enough, BEWARE! I will call you and demand that we do something!)

The promise of spring has bitten be badly and every time I see more snow and frost, I cringe a little bit. Although, I will be sad to say goodbye to my winter wardrobe. Long sleeves are so much nicer than cap sleeves. I like my winter clothes better than my summer ones. So much comfier. *hums contentedly in cozy clothes*

Take care everyone!

E.


______Songs Playing In My Head Today_______

Secret Crowds by Angels & Airwaves
Purify by Lacuna Coil
Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
Black Roses Red by Alanna Grace
New Soul by Yael Naim

1 comment:

  1. :( Sorry to have missed you in your mad dash to Missoula! I demand you call me and demand that we do something!

    ReplyDelete