Thursday, March 5, 2009

25 Random Thingaroos

Greetings!

Today I am cheating and not posting anything original. HA! Instead, I have yoinked a list of 25 random things about me that I filled out for Facebook. :D Some of them are no longer 'date' accurate. Like ones that refer to things that happened 'yesterday' which now actually happened a month ago or so now. *shrug*

25 Random Thingaroos
_______ ________



1. I was tagged for this activity something like a hundred times (only three) in the last week, which seriously cuts down on the list of people that I can tag in turn. ;)

2. I probably won't actually inflict this on 25 people. I'm not sure I even know 25 people on Facebook....*looks* Oh. I know 64 apparently. Nifty! Still not going to tag 25 people. (After The Fact: it will only let me tag 10 people anyway, so I just snagged the first ten peeps I thought of. Aren't you lucky?)

3. I love reading! Surprise, surprise, surprise. I bet you all died of shock on that one.

4. Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies. I would do it all the time if it were less expensive. Alas! One must budget for silly things like food and bills. *sigh*

5. I MUST learn a second language. Sign language would be awesome, but there are a lot of foreign languages I would love to speak with at least partial fluency; not to mention all the dead languages out there, like Latin.

6. I go into "fangirl geek mode" fairly easily. As evidenced above. *embarrassed smile* Certain things or words like: art, books, novel, languages, shoe sale, interior decorating, library, concert, literature, architecture, travel, paint, charcoal, parchment...etc. These and many more can send my poor mind into a frenzy of interest. It sometimes frightens people...

7. I like chai. *hums contentedly*

8. Math makes me twitch. We tried to be friends, honest. It just didn't work out.

9. In spite of being an English nerd extraordinaire, I stink at spelling and grammar. How did THAT happen?!

10. Right now, I am really thirsty. I shall remedy that immediately. :D *fetches water glass*

11. I told myself that I couldn't buy another pair of shoes until I wore out a pair or gave three away. Then, an awesome friend (you know who you are awesome friend) gave me her red Guess flats that she didn't want anymore! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! LOOPHOLE!

12. Um...I like to write. A lot. Sadly, I haven't yet discovered if any of it is worth reading 'a lot'. I suddenly feel a bit like the March Hare...

13. I can't seem to keep house plants alive. Except for this ancient Christmas cactus that I've had since forever. It's a hardy beast.

14. I like being entertained. ;) Laughing in good humor with others is awesome.

15. I get excited about going to the library. Unless it's just to study. That's kinda boring.

16. Lavender (the real stuff that grows in the ground, not the obnoxious fake stuff that comes in jars and stinks to high heaven) is one of my favorite scents. Along with nummy cooking spices, the zippy smell after a summer rain storm and fresh baked bread.

17. Vigilance is a word I've never been able to say without thinking of very carefully while saying it. Otherwise it comes out as "villagance". I also have trouble with aluminum. *shame*

18. Yesterday, I had the faucets in the house dripping and the sink cupboards open to keep the pipes from freezing. Just in case the negative digits were too cold for them; even though I remember putting heat tape on ages ago.

19. I had to crawl under the house to do that. Bleh. :P Never want to do that again. Super ew.

20. I also had to crawl on the roof this winter. Weee! That would have been a lot cooler without the hip deep snow. (Only on one side of the house, and I'm short.) The view was kinda nifty, 'the slick' was scary. *clutches ladder*

21. Tonight, I feel in the mood for an orchestral performance of some kind. Something big and commanding that makes you forget you're in an auditorium.

22. Erm...I hate pocket lint.

23. Every time I touch fully charged batteries, my fingers tingle a little. Like when your hand falls asleep. This happens to everyone, right?

24. Almost done! Bleach makes me sneeze.

25. The END! Ha-ha-ha! Wow. Um... I will try NOT to tag people that I know have done this already. However, I have a crummy memory so...I declare that if you happen to be someone I have tagged and you've already BEEN tagged previously anytime in your LIFE for this activity, you are hereby freed of your responsibility to do it again. ^__^ Not that you needed permission, but just in case that it eases your conscience...whatever.

Hurrah!
______________________________


And because I am benevelent and kind, I am not going to tag anyone here on blogger, unless they happen to pass by and really, really, really want to post their own list of 25 random things. :D

Take care everyone!
E.




______Songs Playing In My Head Today_______

Hallelujah written by Leonard Cohen and sung by many different artists. (I can't decide if I actually like this song or not...)
Breathe by Angels and Airwaves
King of Wishful Thinking by Go West
At Last by Etta James

1 comment:

  1. Hullo Ms. Elizabeth. Your dad loves you and is glad to read your blog now and then. I hope you are having great days. Whether it is Walgreens or Literature Land I know you will find ways to enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete